As different scammers attempt fraud differently, it can be difficult to detect them. However, below you will find our best tips to avoid scammers online:
- Always examine items pre-purchase. If the seller is sending an item to you; ask for additional pictures, receipts and/or other relevant documentation.
- Take screenshots and document as much of your transaction as possible.
- Always use a digital contract. Our contracts require identification from both parties and contain information that will be helpful in proving your rights.
- Double check the sender’s email address if you’re using our payment service at FINN.no. All automatic Swiftcourt emails are sent from either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend you to access the service through https://app.swiftcourt.com rather than by embedded email links.
- Don't pay the seller in advance.
Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions!