If you are not satisfied with your purchase, our first recommendation is always to reach out to the seller and inform them of the situation.

If luck turns out that the seller is understanding and helpful, you might reach an instant compromise. Remember that communication and honesty goes a long way!

However, if the seller doesn’t agree with you, you might need to pursue a lawsuit or a civil litigation.

Although, first you should contemplate if the unsatisfactory component is an actual defect and furthermore, if it is a defect that was hidden and unexpected. It is often a hidden defect if it can’t be blamed on..

  • normal wear and tear

  • damage you have caused yourself

  • outer impact

Additionally, you should not have had prior knowledge of the defect. It is also worth mentioning that the older the item is and the cheaper you got it, the less you can expect.

What you can demand from the seller and when you can do it, depends on the national legislature in your country. Therefore we recommend you to do research on your country’s laws before you pursue a lawsuit or a civil litigation.

Note: Swiftcourt can never provide legal advice or determine what party is correct in a disagreement.

Did this answer your question?